26 November 2011

Morticia Addams' dress

December is just round the corner so I am very busy making new pieces for the website. I am particularly interested in evening wear at the minute as it is what people are demanding right now for Christmas. I just finished several pieces including a stunning 30s/40s lace gown and a dramatic velvet pencil number with a breathtaking lace piece going across the chest. I will post them here as soon as they go on the website.
In the meantime.....

 I want to show you the real Morticia Addams dress! I came across it while checking my polyvore page (feel free to check out my sets, here)

It is for auction! The starting bid is from $2000 (not cheap) on liveauctioneers.com (this is the link, in case you want to have a quick nosey).

This is the description: 900. Angelica Huston "Morticia Addams" dress from Addams Family Values. (Paramount, 1993). A full-length form-fitting black gown with cobweb motif on the sleeves worn by Angelica Huston in the role of "Morticia Addams" in Addams Family Values.

This dress looks fantastic. Much simpler than I thought, despite all that beading work on sleeves and godets.

However, I have to say, being a cinematographic piece, I was expecting something more complex and extravagant, more haute-couture- inspired, like the other design shown in the pic below. Maybe, layers of lace, ripped/unfinished chiffon, jet black jewels sewn into the bodice?... I still love it, thought. 

I always wanted this dress, since I was little. I love the shape, so 30s. I am starting to wonder if I should make something like this for my label.
What do you think? Do you like it or like me, expected more? Would you wear it to outside of Halloween or Whitby/Treffen Gothic Festival?

Here is a link to a blog devoted to Morticia Addams. Very good pictures and graphics.
http://fymorticiaaddams.tumblr.com/

6 comments:

Mrs. Schmidlapp said...

So beautiful! It reminds me of the Titanic-inspired dresses of the late 1990s and early 2000s. Very romantic.

Kit-Kat said...

I love it but id wear every chance i could

funny t-shirts said...

morticia adams is one of my favorite characters in the adams family cartoon and movie here looks and her style is unique. I like here dress so much one of the event I use her style in the contest and Im actually won the best style ever. thanks

wedding photographer poland said...

I love this post, :) greetings

Israel-Winter said...

Adore this dress!

Cheironn said...

I like the Morticia gown from The Addams Family Values, film. I think Anjelica Huston wore it very well..it was beautiful. I am however, Very interested in the "original gown", worn by Carolyn Jones, in the TV series from the 60's. I've been shopping around for a witch dress, very similar in appearance, for my costume this halloween.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails